Gelacell™ is a unique, 3D microfibrous scaffold specifically engineered for advanced in vitro 3D cell culture and tissue engineering applications. Designed as a non-woven, highly porous scaffold, Gelacell™ offers exceptional biocompatibility and non-toxicity across a variety of cell types.
This variant of Gelacell™ is specially designed for medium-to-long term cell culture durations. The scaffolds made from pharmaceutical grade polycaprolactone (PCL) are fixed in a cell crown that acts as a Boyden chamber for facilitating studies related to air-liquid interface culture, co-culture, complex tissue models, etc. Gelacell™ also makes a robust platform for drug screening and other cell culture investigations. The optimized design of the scaffold ensures thermal, chemical, and mechanical stability, while also providing substantial swelling capabilities and porosity, allowing efficient nutrient diffusion and thereby preventing cellular waste build up.
● 3D architecture with a substantial available surface area.
● 24 well plate with cell crowns
● Minimal modifications required for transitioning from 2D to 3D culture.
● Stable mechanical properties.
● Scaffold fixed in a cell crown acting as Boyden chamber for complex culture.
● Flexibility of scaffolds facilitates easy handleability.
● Porous structure promotes cell migration and efficient diffusion of nutrients, solutes, and gases.
● Compatibility with a variety of cell lines and culture conditions.
● Polymeric scaffolds: biocompatibility, diversity, and widely accepted in cellular applications.
● Sterilized by Gamma irradiation and remains sterile until the pack is opened.
● Storage at room temperature.